About the School of Art and Design Portfolio Collection
The School of Art and Design Portfolio Collection is an institutional digital repository of scholarly works developed by
East Carolina University (ECU) and its faculty members and researchers. Its purpose is to gather, organize, and preserve
these works in digital medium.
In order for ECU to accept your submission, agreement to the following license is necessary. Please review the license
terms. By granting the license and clicking the "Complete Submission" button below you represent, promise, agree to, and
grant to ECU the following:
- You represent that you are the copyright holder of the submission and/or you have the authority to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does not infringe upon anyone's copyright or other right;
- You grant to ECU the right to deposit the work (your submission) in the School of Art and Design Portfolio Collection for internal institutional noncommercial research and education purposes. This grant of rights is world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and perpetual.
- You grant to ECU the right, without changing the content, to migrate one or more copies of the submission to any medium or format for security and preservation purposes.
- You agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify ECU and its officials, administrators, employees, and sponsors for any and all liability and claims of damages, demands, and actions whatsoever in any manner arising from your submission to the School of Art and Design Portfolio Collection.
- You agree that no royalties or other fees shall be paid to you for placement of the work in the School of Art and Design Portfolio Collection and that your submission is voluntary.
- If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an agency or organization other than ECU, you represent that you have fulfilled any right or review or other obligations required by such contract or agreement.
- You agree that this agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors or assigns of the parties, that ECU may terminate this license at any time without notice, and that the interpretation and validity of this Agreement and the rights of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina.